The Common Hall is the signature landmark in a town where the majority of structures in the town center date over 100 years old. Originally, it was built as a Congregational Church in 1840 at a cost of $3,000 by a group of 13 settlers from Cornwall Connecticut on land donated by mill owner Luke Camp. It then served the spiritual needs of the community for 180 years. The West Common Hall is now used for community events, performances, community meetings and event space. A grant from 1772 will enable the group to weatherize and provide storm windows to protect the historic original stained glass windows.
1772 Grant Funds Awarded: $10,000