Arnold & Scangas Architects specializes in historic restoration and rehabilitation of historic buildings, especially in Vermont Downtowns. We are committed to providing buildings that are healthy for the occupants and environmentally responsible. Most importantly, we enjoy what we do.
Things we do:
• Problem Solving/Team Work, Restoration Work
• Rehabilitation/Adaptive Reuse
• Experience with Secretary of Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation and the Reinvestment Historic Tax Credits Program
• Initial Assessments and Feasibility Studies
• Building Code and Accessibility Assessments
• Healthy, Low Maintenance and Energy Efficient Buildings.
When historic windows are sufficiently deteriorated and replacements are the only solution; contact us. Our professionals have the experience and attention to detail to recreate windows that will maintain the building’s original aesthetic. Exclusively partnered with Marvin Windows and Doors, an industry leader in historic renovation, we can recreate historic profiles and wood-work details in wood or low-maintenance aluminum clad products that are also high performing and energy-efficient.