The Vermont Museum and Gallery Alliance (VMGA) was founded in 1984 as a consortium of museums, art galleries and historical societies. Many of these organizations are housed in historic structures that are the centers of cultural activities within their communities.
Over its 25 years, VMGA has
- Provided a forum for sharing expertise
- Hosted workshops, mentor programs and educational opportunities
- Offered a lending library to members
- Helped to create a statewide disaster readiness program
- Initiated the Vermont Theater Curtains inventory and conservation effort
- And was recognized with a 2002 award for its Collections Care Program