The St. Albans Museum is located in the former St. Albans Academy building constructed in 1861. It is a three-story brick building in the Renaissance Revival tradition. The academy building has served as the home of St. Albans Museum since the mid-1970s. The first two stories are dedicated to artifact exhibits, and the third floor is the home of the Bliss Room, a renovated auditorium, which serves as an event space for both SAM and the community at large. A grant from the 1772 Foundation will help the organization make repairs to the historic slate roof.
1772 Grant Funds Awarded: $10,000