Seeking Operations Manager for The Preservation Trust of Vermont
The Preservation Trust of Vermont (PTV) builds community through the preservation of historic buildings and the revitalization of Vermont’s villages and downtowns. Last year, PTV worked on 356 preservation and revitalization projects in 152 Vermont communities.
PTV is seeking a highly organized and collaborative team member who will help PTV achieve its mission by managing our physical office and administrative functions. The ideal candidate will be excited to serve Vermont communities, have exceptional attention to detail, and have experience managing an office and organizational resources. This position is a hybrid in-office/work-from-home position, based in Montpelier.
Send resume and cover letter to Ben Doyle, President, at email@example.com. Application deadline: February 23, 2024.
- Respond to general email communications, answer telephone, process mail
- Work closely with and provide relevant documents to the bookkeeping and payroll services
- Monitor and meet organizational and fiscal filing deadlines
- Gather materials for accountants and participate in the annual audit
- Maintain personnel files and reporting requirements
- Maintain organizational files, operations policies, and procedures
- Maintain project files
- Provide logistical and administrative support to staff
- Maintain office supply needs
- Provide for maintenance of office machines (e.g., printer, copier, fax, phone system)
- Assist the Development Director and President as needed on administrative aspects of development efforts including mailings and events
- Assist the Field Representatives with logistics and administration of retreats at the Grand Isle Lake House, other events, and conference
- Assist in administrative aspects of grant making including drafting award letters, grant agreements, reporting, and implementing new grants management software
- Coordinate logistics for quarterly board meetings and annual bus trip
- Assist in board meeting organization including assembling and disseminating board meeting materials
- Record board meeting minutes
- Facilitate general board communications
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrates integrity and honesty and exercises excellent judgment with confidential information
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Efficient in an environment with evolving priorities
- Works well independently as well as with a team
- Has familiarity with non-profit organizations
- Has a commitment to serving Vermont, a sense of humor, self-awareness, a can-do attitude, and a desire to grow professionally
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Google Suite
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
This is a hybrid office/work-at-home position with some evenings and weekends. Work is based in our Montpelier office. Board meetings involve travel throughout Vermont.
Starting salary is $43,000-$45,000 for this 30 hour-a-week position. Compensation package includes health insurance, vacation time, and optional contribution to retirement. Position has the potential to grow to a 40 hour-a-week position within six months depending on candidate’s interest, performance, and skillset.
PTV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and a strong sense of belonging in the workplace. Employment decisions at PTV are based on merit, qualifications, abilities, and organization needs at the time. PTV does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, place of birth, age, crime victim status, physical or mental condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.