The John G. McCullough Free Library was built in 1920-21 by Eliza Hall Park McCullough in memory of her husband, John G. McCullough, a former governor of Vermont, legislator, and businessman. The two-story brick building was a gift to the community and has served as a hub of village activities for a century. The children’s collection now occupies the entire second floor. A grant from 1772 will help to repair, restore, and repaint the library’s portico and porch columns, which have experienced water damage due to a clogged drainage pipe inside the roof of the portico.
1772 Grant Funds Awarded: $5000