Memorial Hall, North Calais
Memorial Hall was built in 1885-1886 by veterans of the Civil War for veterans, their families, and their community. It has been a gathering place, a place for life’s milestone events (memorials, weddings, birthday celebrations), and a place to engage in shared experiences (music, theater, dancing, historical society meetings, loon talks). It is the only public building located in the rural community of North Calais. Funds from the 1772 Foundation will help pay for exterior painting on the building.
1772 Grant Funds Awarded: $10,000