In cooperation with the Preservation Trust of Vermont, the 1772 Foundation has announced that funding in the form of 1:1 matching grants of $5,000 – 10,000 will be made available for historic preservation projects in Vermont.
Types of Work We Will Fund
- Matching grants for exterior painting, finishes and surface restoration
- Matching grants to install or upgrade fire detection, lightning protection and security systems
- Matching grants for repairs to/restoration of porches, roofs and windows
- Matching grants for structural foundation and sill repair/replacement
- Matching grants for chimney and masonry repointing
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
(1) To demonstrate the sustainability of historic sites, applicants may be required to submit a cyclical maintenance plan, condition assessment, restoration plan or stewardship plan that has been prepared or updated within the last five years. If an appropriate plan does not exist, the Foundation will consider providing support for development of a plan on a case-by-case basis.
(2) In order to be eligible, you will need to know the property’s National Register Status. If you know the property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, great, you are good to go. If you do not know if your property is on the National Register, you can look it up on Vermont’s Online Resource Center. Simply select your town, the file type “National Register,” and the document type “Nomination Form,” and review the individually listed and district applications to see if your property is among them. If you are having difficulties, contact email@example.com for help.
If your property is not listed, it must be deemed eligible for listing by the Vermont Division for Historic Preservation in writing. Contact Devin Coleman firstname.lastname@example.org State Architectural Historian 802-585-8246 for more information. The deadline for submitting requests for letters of eligibility is January 1, 2022. You will need this letter to submit the form below so don’t delay!
(3) The building must be owned and operated (or leased long-term) by a non-profit organization. Schools, churches, municipally owned buildings, privately owned buildings, and buildings owned by for-profit entities are not eligible.
Please download and read the full guidelines in the pdf to the right, complete the information below, and submit your Letter of Interest.
If you have questions about this application, please contact email@example.com.