The Grange Hall was built in 1870 by the Young Men’s Literary Association to be used as a debate hall. The following year it was sold to the Charlotte School District and was then used as one of the many small school houses in Charlotte.Today, the Charlotte Grange provides opportunities for families and individuals to build a stronger more resilient community. If awarded , the grant will enable the group to go forward with the painting of the building. This organization has shown incredible dedication to their effort and they provide a much needed community gathering place in the heart of the historic village of Charlotte.
1772 Grant Funds Awarded: $10,000