The “Champlain Club” was formally established in Burlington as “Goethe Lodge 592 D.O.H.” in 1891. Located in Burlington’s Old North End in what was then the heart of the German immigrant community, it was part of a national German-American cultural organization, hosting social events and community gatherings. The building was constructed in 1905 and evolved to service the entire community in the 1970s, when it also changed its name to The Champlain Club. A grant from 1772 will help with facade restoration and painting.
1772 Grant Funds Awarded: $10,000