The Brattleboro Museum & Art Center is located in Brattleboro’s historic Union Station building. Constructed in 1915, the building served as Brattleboro’s bustling train station until the mid-1960s, at which time passenger train service to Brattleboro was terminated. The building fell into disrepair and was slated for demolition. In the 1970s the town purchased the building and donated it to a nonprofit organization that became the Brattleboro Museum & Art Center (BMAC). This grant will help pay for the painting of portions of the exterior of the museum building.
1772 Grant Funds Awarded: $10,000